As you can read in the Venture agreement, proto-ventures are entities considering becoming Enspiral Ventures in the future. They are likely to be:
- Early-stage initiatives connected to people in the network, but are not yet ready to define their team, structure, or model enough to become a full-fledged venture, or
- Established external companies exploring the possibility of joining as Enspiral Ventures
Here’s the process for someone considering starting a proto-venture:
- At least one of your people need to be Enspiral contributors (see the People agreement)
- Find your three stewards
- Work with your stewards to fill in the Venture Introduction template
- Your stewards will start a Loomio thread to introduce the proto-venture to the network
You’re expected to keep the network updated with progress. As a bare minimum you should meet with your stewards once per quarter and fill in the venture update form, which all the ventures use as a lightweight quarterly reporting system.
As your proto-venture matures, at some stage you’ll either want to go all-in and become a full venture, or cancel the relationship with Enspiral. Either way, the process is laid out in the Joining and Leaving sections in the Venture agreement.
Discussion & Changes
Enspiral contributors are welcome to use this Loomio thread to discuss proto-ventures and propose changes to this guide.
- Education business that helps students learn STEM topics by building games
- Finishing up a big push on gamefroot.com development and launching paid product
- Contact Person: Dan Milward
- Stewards: Joshua Vial, Kate Beecroft, Rohan Wakefield
- Enspiral Labs helps networks, organisations and individuals work in open, participatory and collaborative ways.
- Contact Person: Joshua Vial
- Stewards: Ants Cabraal, Susan Basterfield, Kate Beecroft, Joshua Vial
- AbilityMate is an open-source community inventing products for an inclusive society.
- We are focusing on creating 3D Printed Orthotics for children with physical disabilities
- Contact person: Melanie “The Overachiever” Tran - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stewards: Rose Lu, Sam Rye, Joshua Vial
If you can see room for improvement, please feel free to edit this page. Find out how.