This is an experiment that is currently being run with new contributors.
This programme aims is to support new contributors to become quickly active in the community through a "learning by doing" process. It consists in completing a list of easy / intermediate / hard challenges that will help any new contributor know more about Enspiral processes, people and culture.
What are the challenges?
- Enspiral processes
- join a working group
- give feedback on the activation programme
- Enspiral people
- attend an in person enspiral event
- interview an old timer
- Enspiral culture and ideas
- write a blog post
- create a loomio thread
- share something that excites you on Facebook group / watercooler channel
- update the handbook
- create an improvement ticket
- create a bucket in cobudget
- get paid from a bucket
- complete an improvement ticket (alone or with someone else)
- steward a new contributor through the activation programme
- find paying work for someone enspiral
The experiment was kicked off at the beginning of sprint 30, with a loomio invitation to recruit initial voluntary participants. We will be holding fortnightly check-in threads in slack and tracking engagement with a monthly survey to get feedback from the participants.
Here are the success criteria we will be assessing:
- How many people opt in to the experiment
- How many challenges people complete
- How much all the participants felt part of the community after completing some/all challenges
- How easy to use all the participants found it
- How much support participants receive to complete the challenges.
This chapter will eventually be a whole section with different pages.
- Overview of different ways people engage as individuals at Enspiral
- How to become a contributor, then a member
- Individual opt-in and contribution process
- Onboarding documentation
- Link to People Agreement
- Link to list of Members
If you want to join the experiment (or support people who are) then jump into the #activationprogram slack channel.