New contributor activation program
This is an experiment that is currently being run with new contributors.
What is it for?
This programme aims is to support new contributors to become quickly active in the community through a "learning by doing" process. It consists in completing a list of easy / intermediate / hard challenges that will help any new contributor know more about Enspiral processes, people and culture.
What are the challenges?
- Enspiral processes
- join a working group
- give feedback on the activation programme
- Enspiral people
- attend an in person enspiral event
- interview an old timer
- Enspiral culture and ideas
- write a blog post
- create a loomio thread
- share something that excites you on Facebook group / watercooler channel
- update the handbook
- create an improvement ticket
- create a bucket in cobudget
- get paid from a bucket
- complete an improvement ticket (alone or with someone else)
- steward a new contributor through the activation programme
- find paying work for someone enspiral
What is the experiment process?
The experiment was kicked off at the beginning of sprint 30, with a loomio invitation to recruit initial voluntary participants. We will be holding fortnightly check-in threads in slack and tracking engagement with a monthly survey to get feedback from the participants.
Here are the success criteria we will be assessing:
- How many people opt in to the experiment
- How many challenges people complete
- How much all the participants felt part of the community after completing some/all challenges
- How easy to use all the participants found it
- How much support participants receive to complete the challenges.
This chapter will eventually be a whole section with different pages.
- Overview of different ways people engage as individuals at Enspiral
- How to become a contributor, then a member
- Individual opt-in and contribution process
- Onboarding documentation
- Link to People Agreement
- Link to list of Members
If you want to join the experiment (or support people who are) then jump into the #activationprogram slack channel.
If you can see room for improvement, please feel free to edit this page. Find out how.