Gatherings Working Group
Why we exist.
We are a small group of members and contributors committed to our yearly gatherings.
- Our work is to care for the heartbeat of Enspiral.
- Our work is to create and hold space for connection and cultivation and nurturance, to ground our work and give it wings.
Membership and Participation
Each gathering will typically have its own project group, or "pod", in Enspiral jargon. The core members of this Working Group are committed to participate in the pods for the next two gatherings (Winter Retreat 2019 and Summer Fest 2020) and seek to establish the foundations for future retreat pods to better and more easily run our key gatherings. This also means cultivating a sustainable Working Group and planning for our own succession.
Current Core Members
- john gieryn
- Doris Zuur
- Lucia Die Gil (Summer Fest 2020, possibly Winter Retreat 2019)
- Melina Chan (Summer Fest 2020)
- Joshua Vial (Summer Fest 2020)
- Gina Rembe (Summer Fest 2020)
We are always open for input, be it feedback observations about things that could work better, or (constructive) gripes.
The window for joining a gatherings pod opens well in advance of each gathering; these announcements are posted to our slack channel and typically into Working Groups subgroup of Loomio or the network-wide one.
Communications and Rhythm
- Slack channel:
- Rhythm: we meet regularly, fortnightly or monthly depending on how close the next gathering is, with short hiatus after Summer Retreat
- Our main slack channel is public
- Feedback is solicited in other channels as appropriate
- Loomio posts are made for advice process and in accordance with any significant decisions
- Every yearly gathering has a report