Board of Directors
As a registered New Zealand company, Enspiral Foundation Ltd has to have directors. Enspiral’s goal is to distribute vision, strategy, and leadership as widely as possible in the network, so our approach is a “minimum viable board” (MVB), with a narrow compliance focus. You can see the details in the Board Agreement.
- Legal and financial compliance
- Management of major risk
- Steward of the Enspiral brand
- Oversee the Foundation’s financial accounts
- Make agreements between the Enspiral Foundation and other entities (MOUs, Service contracts)
- Occasionally make recommendations or raise issues to the members or the network as a whole
- Have some emergency powers to use in rare crisis situations if our other processes have broken down
The MVB reports regularly to the network as a whole on Loomio, and participates quarterly venture reporting (since Enspiral Foundation Ltd is itself an Enspiral Venture).
The point of a ‘minimum’ board is that the scope is limited - the MVB specifically focuses on Enspiral Foundation Ltd (not the entire Enspiral network), and within that only governance.
Examples of things within scope:
- an MOU between the Enspiral Foundation and an external organisation
- an issue with one of the Foundation’s service contracts (such as Enspiral Ops)
- a serious concern about brand or reputation risk, or if you’re unsure when it’s OK to use Enspiral’s brand publicly
- a question about running a transaction through the Foundation’s bank account
Ants has worked across several ventures in roles like investor, director, co-founder, business development, marketing & creative production. Currently focused on building Enspiral ventures working in education and professional development. He stays up late scheming about creative projects to help make the world a more peaceful place.
Bart de Vries
Bart is a business growth strategist and founder, creating and supporting business to build a more sustainable and equitable world. Bart has a deep interest in organisational design, culture and physical environments that bring out the best in people. Bart is the co-founder of Limber (www.getlimber.nz), which is disrupting the office furniture industry by creating sustainably made workstations that love your uniqueness and support you to perform well and be healthy at work.
Lifelong programmer with a passion for the power of the internet to transform society and improve lives. Serial entrepreneur, business and product strategist, and relentless problem solver. Loves building useful tools that real people use. Supports others to learn and grow.
I’m a catalyst, cultivator, convenor and curator, helping individuals and organisations experiment with new ways of working and being. I’m a member of the Golden Pandas, participate in a variety of working groups, engage in acts of ambassador-ing, and work with teams worldwide as a coach and facilitator.
If you can see room for improvement, please feel free to edit this page. Find out how.