How Catalysts Work
We're governed by the Catalyst Agreement
Current catalysts are: Susan Basterfield, Richard Bartlett, Andre Bate, and Joshua Vial.
We run 2 week sprints. We take turns hosting our ceremonies: planning, sync (catch up time), retro.
For demo, we make short videos to share our progress with the network. These are reported in the fortnightly network newsletter and published on our Youtube channel.
We track all our work on the Improvements board.
We try to take notes in all our meetings, and share them in the Slack channel #wg-catalysts.
What are we doing
Sensing community needs, initiating responses, handing them off wherever possible.
- Sense-making (maintaining context).
- We help working groups to form.
- We remind people of the things they said they would do (e.g. fill in your quarterly venture update).
- We encourage people to contribute, e.g. by matching people to opportunities, or inviting individuals to contribute on specific tasks.
- We maintain our own internal rhythm, which everyone else can sync up with if its useful.
- We do things until we can delegate or automate them.
- We maintain an overview of all the working groups in the network so we can help direct people's attention.
TODO: share example of working group formation, e.g. the stewardship project